[jbosstools-dev] How to save preferences in .settings folder

Denny Xu dxu at redhat.com
Tue Aug 25 05:05:58 EDT 2009

Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
> that is also my understanding.
>
> Rob, could you show the *exact* code you have done which doesn't store
> it ?
Rob seems to be sleeping ;)
here is this code:
String qualifier =
ESBProjectCorePlugin.getDefault().getDescriptor().getUniqueIdentifier();
IScopeContext context = new ProjectScope(project);
IEclipsePreferences node = context.getNode(qualifier);
if (node != null)
node.putDouble(IJBossESBFacetDataModelProperties.ESB_PROJECT_VERSION, 2.0);

when retrieve the value:
IProject p = getProject();
String qualifier =
ESBProjectCorePlugin.getDefault().getDescriptor().getUniqueIdentifier();
IScopeContext context = new ProjectScope(p);
IEclipsePreferences node = context.getNode(qualifier);
if (node != null) {
double d =
node.getDouble(IJBossESBFacetDataModelProperties.ESB_PROJECT_VERSION, 1.0);

Denny