[jbosstools-dev] Re: [Fwd: [JBoss Tools (users)] - Re: How to change Seam Runtime]

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Feb 5 03:38:37 EST 2009

>>> Our editors will use XSD that is declared in XML. It doesn't depend
>>> on Facet or jars.
>> Ok, so the current version update ui is sufficient - it warns about
>> other files might need changing, right ?
> It depends on project. Our examples for Seam 2.0 seem to work well
> with Seam 2.1. But some custom projects could behave unexpectedly.
> There are not big changes in API and configs in Seam 2.1 but there are
> some important changes for runtime.
> For JBoss Tools I can't see any problems there but XSD validation and
> code assist.
As long as the tooling does not restrict you to stay on one specific
version of Seam all through it's lifetime and just warns you that
changing version in the tools might not be enough then it is fine by me.
If you downgrade from Java5 to Java4 or upgrade from Java5 to Java6
in eclipse it doesn't handle that all magically either - it is all up to
the underlying runtime to be compatible; the only thing we can do in tools
is to warn against detectable compatibility issues.

/max