[jbosstools-dev] Unnecessary Dependencies

Rob Stryker rob.stryker at redhat.com
Thu Feb 12 00:34:51 EST 2009

So today I decided to work on JBIDE-3772 and I create a workspace with
just ESB projects.

I see immediately that it requires XModel (bleh), but that's fine I
guess. It provides a lot of functionality.
I also see, however, that it requires as.classpath.core.

Requiring XModel is maybe justifiable as it's "common" code. The
requirement on as.classpath.core is just to make use of an Abstract
classpath provider that's in there.

I'm not trying to call any plugin or developer out here, but I'd like to
suggest that we try to decouple our code as much as is possible. If
you're just borrowing one or two classes with minimal dependencies,
would it be better to copy that class?  I think it would be better but
I'd like to hear other's thoughts.