[jbosstools-dev] Re: [Soa-tools-list] Example of why consistent jar usage is important

Denny Xu dxu at redhat.com
Wed Feb 18 03:46:36 EST 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-17 at 11:12 +0100, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> >> The short term solution is to drop the ESB specific classpath
> >> container IMO.
> >> And let the AS classpath container calculate which jars to return
> >> dependent on which facets are installed.
> >>
> >> That will allow for dynamic calculation - I don't really understand
> >> why it wasn't done like this in the beginning.
> >> Denny / Rob can you let us know ?
> > ESB project has two main functions
> > one is creating a ESB project for developing ESB by set up classpath
> > and another is deploying ESB project,
> > ESB register itself to AS runtime, is just for deploying project using
> > WTP deployment way.
> >
> > Let me explain why there is a ESB specified classpath container:
> > Firstly, AS server runtime can not ensure that it can provide a proper
> > ESB runtime any time,
> > because not all JBoss Servers contain ESB runtime, if a user just want
> > set up a development environment by
> > a standalone ESB runtime and there is not a ESB specified classpath
> > container, how could he do?
> Eh - how do you do if there is not an ESB in the runtime ? You would be
> in the same situation, right ?
For current ESB project, there are two separate functions, the first one
is setting ESB runtime classpath for the project, and another is
deployment. two functions have dependency on project target server
runtime, but the two dependencies are different, Setting esb runtime
classpath is just ensure that the project can
compile against ESB.  if the project target runtime does not contain
an ESB runtime, users can provide a predefined JBoss ESB runtime, so
users can write esb code at least, but if ESB project tight couple with
project target runtime server, users can do nothing without setting
target runtime correctly.

Denny