[jbosstools-dev] classpath containers

Denny Xu dxu at redhat.com
Mon Feb 23 01:30:31 EST 2009

Snjezana Peco wrote:
> Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>>
>>> I suppose that Denny faced the issue similar to the issue described
>>> in https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE-3733 .
>>> A classpath container can't be updated using
>>> JavaCore.setClasspathContainer(...).  The
>>> AbstractClasspathContainer.refresh() method must be used.
>>> This method creates a new classpath container and informs JDT that
>>> the classpath container has been changed.
>> so if it was fixed then I wonder why it is an issue now ? Or is it a
>> different issue ?
>>

> As soon as Denny provides us with the steps to reproduce this issue, I
> will check it.
To reproduce the issue in ESB classpath container:
1. In workspace "workspace1", Create a ESB project by ESB project wizard
with server supplied ESB runtime,
    and then there will be two classpath contianer, one is jboss as
server runtime cp, and another is ESB runtiem cp.
2. Import the project into the workspace "workspace2",  workspace2 does
not have the server runtime that specified
in workspace1, at the moment , the two classpath containers can not
display the jars of the runtimes since the workspace2
doesn't has the server runtime.
3. Create a server runtime with the name is the same as specified in the
project in workspace2 , then the AS runtime CP
can display all jars but ESB runtime CP can't .

Denny