[jbosstools-dev] a problem of classpath too long

feng.qian fqian at redhat.com
Tue Feb 24 00:38:19 EST 2009

Hi all,

There is a problem about classpath.
Up to now, the jboss ws module of our tools use two commands --
'wsprovider.bat' and 'wsconsumer.bat' -- to generate codes
in both scenes: bottow-up(from a java class) and top-down(from a wsdl file).
When we call wsprovider.bat to generate codes, we may create a command
to run in our eclipse console like this:
wsprovider -c 'a.jar:b.jar:c.jar.............xxx.jar' -w -k
.............   thejavaclass
My codes run this command like this in my plugins:
            Runtime rt = Runtime.getRuntime();
            rt.exec(command.toString(), null, new File(commandLocation));
On linux, this is ok. But on windows, a error occurs: the command is too
long. This is caused by the classpath parameter is
too long because we add very many jars to '-c'
I think, in enterprise scenes, we will often meet this problem -- need
to add many jars to classpath.
So I want to ask if we have a way to set a container or a jars folder
for these jars.

Thanks
Grid