[jbosstools-dev] A Modest Proposal

Rob Stryker rob.stryker at redhat.com
Wed Feb 25 01:15:51 EST 2009

I'd like to propose that after the 3.0 release, we branch to a
3.0_maintenance and use that for 3.0.1. This will leave TRUNK open for
further development and new features.  I realize this is not how we've
done it in the past. In the past we'd branch to 3.0.0 a few days before
release, and then future work would go into TRUNK for 3.0.1.  But I
think this is the proper way to do things.

I don't have many "bug fixes" for the 3.0.1 release. In fact, after
scanning my list, almost all are new features, not bugs. I clearly see
me implementing new features as something that should go in TRUNK and
not something I should have to branch my own project for.

Any thoughts?