[jbosstools-dev] Re: We have branched - Codefreeze and status

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Jan 27 01:53:15 EST 2009

> So, if I understand correctly, trunk is still frozen for new work?  Will
> the GA release will eventually happen from trunk, rather than the CR
> branch?  Does that mean that the CR branch is not really a Candidate for
> [GA] Release?

Right now the CR branch is for stabilizing for the release this week.
> Why not call the branch the 3.0 branch, to be used for
> stabilisation/bugfixes now, and eventually to become the 3.0 maintenance
> branch?

We will be creating such a branch when we get near GA release.
Unfortunately we got a good bunch
of issues left for GA yet which we are currently just using trunk for to
avoid the overhead of
double branch maintenance for the whole team.
> I guess I'm having trouble understanding the conventions of
> trunk/branches in this project.  Perhaps there is a wiki page to cover
> this sort of thing?

I should probably create such :)
> Do I need to hold off on string externalisation (JBIDE-3557) until after
> GA?  I don't plan to break the trunk build (who does?), but even small
> changes need QA before release.   (If you're just saying not to make
> architecture-breaking changes in trunk, then that's different.)

Safe string externalisation I'm ok with, I assume you did you *big*
change a few weeks back, correct ?
And yes, I'm saying don't make big functional changes or additions in
trunk - make bugfixes.