[jbosstools-dev] Re: UPDATE: Assistance in testing JBDS with SOA-P

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 11:01:19 EST 2009

> The problem is with the "Drools Runtime". As part of the setup for creating a Drools Project for the first time, the user is asked to create a "Drools Runtime". This is new (in the past Drools IDE new which set of jars to use),
No it didn't - it just had some random copy from inside the drools
plugin which would not necessarily match the server it is running on.

> to be consistent with other tools and allow user to select different Drools Runtimes. The challenge for the user is how to define a Drools Runtime. You can either find the jars in JBDS plugins, explode them into a folder, and point to them, or download  Drools engine/expert (in this case I had decided to try jboss-brms-engine-5.ea.zip, since this is the .com version). However when this is unzipped, some jars are in the root of the folder and some are in a lib directory. At least four of the ones in the lib directory are required for runtime (antlr-runtime-3.1.1.jar, core-3.4.2.v_883_R34x.jar, mvel2-2.0.5.jar, xstream-1.3.1.jar), and the jars in a subdirectory are not added to the runtime classpath. I knew this but forgot to move antlr-runtime-3.1.1.ja!
>   r.

Yes, the big problem is that there seem to be no way for us to define a
drools runtime based on SOA-P. That is the last I heard about it from
Kris V.

If someone from SOA-P can tell us which jar's users should use to define
the jars then we could automatically include those in the runtime.

I also need to follow up with the drools functionality since it should
not be a *requirement* to have the drools runtime on a project; it
should just be in the classpath.

/max