[jbosstools-dev] More i18n questions

Sean Flanigan sflaniga at redhat.com
Thu Jul 2 19:40:55 EDT 2009

On 03/07/09 13:34, Rob Stryker wrote:
>>> You should take this into account when you parse code. User could
>>> close comment by unicode representation.
>>> Eclipse colouring doesn't take it into account.
>
> "Should" and "could" are two very different things. lol

Good point!  If I were to implement that, it would be as a rule for
something like FindBugs.  Anyone closing comments with \u002a\u002f
should be shot at dawn.  Or entering the Obfuscated Java Contest.

(Besides which, native2ascii isn't going to use \uxxxx for plain ASCII
chars, so it wouldn't happen by accident.)

In any case, I'm not parsing anything myself, apart from the Eclipse
compiler build log.

--
Sean Flanigan

Senior Software Engineer