[jbosstools-dev] Actions required: Cleaning up jira

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Jun 16 07:22:35 EDT 2009

Hi,

As some of you have noticed I cleaned up jira yesterday. For many issues
I set a fix version, but please react if that
is not possible or in some other thing is in the way to get it fixed.
Some already did that and I appreciate that.

That said...

25+ jira's had no components assigned.

Since most of these were created by some from our team that number
should not be so high.
Please remember to set the component on jira's also on subtasks (jira
unfortunately does not do that automatically).
If you can't find a matching component then ask or suggest for a new
component.

80+ had no fix version assigned, most of these had a component

This means that those who are leading the various areas (esb, smooks,
as, vpe, hibernate, etc.)
have not been looking at these and figured out if the issue is to be
fixed and assign a planned fix version.
If some issue is not doable now then assign fix LATER or if the issue it
outdated/not-relevant then resolve it
with a comment of why.

I and Denis look at the planned issues from time to time and we
definitely monitor the changes and react
if there is something we disagree with - but we can't monitor all issues
being reported or changed every day against 40+ components.

If each lead took the time every second or third day to ensure the
jira's in their respective component has a fix version and otherwise is
more or less uptodate then we have a much better chance of getting
things planned out and fixed better.

Next steps:

Going forward Denis and I will sync up during this week to move the
tentative dates we have set in jira
(https://jira.jboss.org/jira/browse/JBIDE?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:versions-panel)
right now to be more concrete and then we will ask every component lead
to help plan out based on the requirements which where outlined in the
teammeeting (slides sent before for those who didn't make it) and some
of the new requirements we have received since then.

And we would like to move to a more stringent timeboxed release mode
where we remove scope to make a release at a certain date than having to
postpone the releases. We have actually being doing that to a certain
degree but we should get that done more explicitly.

Thank you for listening,
Max