[jbosstools-dev] XModel and i18n

Sean Flanigan sflaniga at redhat.com
Fri Jun 19 03:37:27 EDT 2009

Hi

Of the 26,000 unreviewed strings, about 5,100 of them are in the
"common" module, and 4,700 of them are in org.jboss.tools.common.model*

Can you give me some idea of what XModel is?  Is there some sort of
architectural overview I should read?  I obviously have a lot to learn
about how JBoss Tools fits together!

I gather XModel is used to build most of the JBoss Tools UI from .meta
files.  Is it meant to be available for other uses as well, or is it
basically an internal feature?  (It doesn't seem to be listed as a
feature on the update site.)  And is much of the text inside XModel
shown in the UI when it is used by other features?

To put it another way, does it make sense to externalize/translate the
text in org.jboss.tools.common.model, or would it be better to leave it
in English?

Regards

Sean.
--