[jbosstools-dev] CR character in org.jboss.tools.ws.creation.core/.../JBossWSCreationCore.properties

Sean Flanigan sflaniga at redhat.com
Mon Mar 9 01:45:40 EDT 2009

Hi,

I found a \r\n sequence in the key Error_WS_Chose_runtime of
/org.jboss.tools.ws.creation.core/src/org/jboss/tools/ws/creation/core/messages/JBossWSCreationCore.properties

When I convert this to a Gettext pot file, it warns about the \r being
non-portable.  It probably isn't all that non-portable, but I would like
to eliminate the warning.  It looks like this string is eventually
passed to this Eclipse API method:

http://help.eclipse.org/ganymede/topic/org.eclipse.platform.doc.isv/reference/api/org/eclipse/jface/dialogs/DialogPage.html#setErrorMessage(java.lang.String)

Is there any reason we can't remove the \r, and leave the \n?
Any idea if the \r is significant?

--
Sean Flanigan

Senior Software Engineer