[jbosstools-dev] SSH deployer: Something interesting I've been working on

Rob Stryker rob.stryker at redhat.com
Wed Nov 4 16:11:40 EST 2009

I do not use the Resource API at all really. The Module Factories do to
create their IModuleResource[] tree, but once you get down to publishing
I never deal with the resource API at all.

I'm not sure how using the Resource API is superior to simple file
copies. I could maybe understand it if the deploy folder / destination
were in the workspace, as the workspace would need to be aware of those
files existence. However a simple refresh on a project would accomplish
the same thing after using the generic java.io APIs.   I see no obvious
superiority of the Resource API to warrant using it.

-- To find / play with my SSH deploying, just create a new SSH server.
The code for it is in its own plugin:  org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.ssh.  It
needs a bit of polish. The server has no wizard at this point and the
initial requirements / required data must be manually put in the Server
Editor.  The host is on page one, where it always is, but the username /
password / hosts file is on the deployment page.