[jbosstools-dev] Current WTP-style project offerings

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Oct 2 05:28:14 EDT 2009

Rob Stryker wrote:
> Ok I've got something working for the BPEL with only minimal changes.
> It took some finessing but that's it. I still need to know our
> backwards compatibility requirements with previous versions (if there
> were any), with the eclipse bpel project, which folders the source
> belong in, where we expect the .class files to go inside the resultant
> jar, etc etc etc.

1) IMO we have no backwards compability requirements here since we
should be moving these jboss specific facet/deployment behavior to a
separate plugin/set of id's. i.e. if you use the org.eclipse plugins you
just keep doing that and it will still work, correct ? Furthermore we
moved to use utility jar so that is what will deploy for the old ones,
not ours...afaik (please verify that ;)

2) There are currently zero class files in BPEL project and it does not
even need to be a java project (of course we should not prevent that
from being possible)

btw. is there a way to enable BPEL deployment to happen from an existing
project ? i.e. say this java project got these 2 folders that we would
like to bundle as  a BPEL artifact ?

Another requirement I remember SOA guys put in the PRD for JBDS was the
ability to include other folders of wsdl from other projects/locations.
Is that possible now ?

-max