[jbosstools-dev] Weird issue with WS code and Eclipse 3.6

Brian Fitzpatrick bfitzpat at redhat.com
Tue Jun 8 12:08:10 EDT 2010

Hey all...

I'm trying to fix https://jira.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-6428 and am running into some bizarre issues...

As I say in the last JIRA comment I just added:

"It looks like I can take care of the compile errors, but then I end up with this:

An internal error occurred during: "Invoking web service...".
(class: org/jboss/tools/ws/ui/utils/JAXWSTester, method: doTest signature: (Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;Ljava/lang/String;)V) Incompatible object argument for function call

I'm guessing there are incompatibilities with the WSDL libraries, but nothing I do has managed to work around this yet except for removing the 1.3 version of the javax.soap plug-in from the runtime plugins. I've tried enforcing the 1.2 version as the upper bound and that doesn't help at all."

Any suggestions on how to work around this? I'm using JDK 1.6.0_14 and Eclipse 3.6 RC3 plus the latest trunk build and a few fixed plug-ins from the 3.2_Helios branch.

Thanks in advance. I'm pulling my hair out on this one...

--Fitz