[jbosstools-dev] JBoss Tools 3.2 on Eclipse Marketplace

Snjezana Peco snjezana.peco at redhat.com
Mon Oct 18 17:12:01 EDT 2010

Hi,

I propose that we create a plugin/feature that would install different
JBT artifacts (plugins/features and runtimes) using P2 provisioning.
We could also create a leigthweigth RCP aplication that would include
that plugin/feature and that could install different JBT plugins with
requirements as well as our runtimes: Seam, JBoss AS, EAP, EPP, SOA-P,
Portletbridge, etc. We could create catalogs (Web, SOA, ...) of
features/plugins. The user could install some or all of the features.
Eclipse plugins would be in the standard P2 repositories and our
provisioning aplication could install the standard Eclipse
plugins/features, JBoss Runtimes and catalogs. We would create catalogs
(for instance, Web Tools, SOA Tools, Seam Tools, etc) that would include
Eclipse plugins/features and JBoss Runtimes. A catalog would be an xml
file that would describe a feature in the way project-examples.xml
describes project examples. We would need to know the URL of a JBoss
Runtime we would like to download.
It is also possible to create a JBoss Runtime as an Eclipse bundle
(XULRunner is bundled this way) which would make easier to handle
bundle/runtime dependencies.
When a new version of some artifact (a plugin/feature or a runtime) is
released, we would add a new entry to the catalog.
Since the p2 API is a public API, we could use it to create our specific
functionalities and user interface.

Snjeza