[jbosstools-dev] why aren't nonresolved EL names marked anymore?

Alexey Kazakov akazakov at exadel.com
Wed Apr 6 12:28:38 EDT 2011

EL validator doesn't warn if the first segment of EL is not resolved.
For example:
#{nonresolvedBean.someProprerty} - no warnings
#{resolvedBean.nonresolvedProperty} - warning
#{resolvedBean.resolvedProperty.nonresolvedProperty} - warning
This is a default behavior since the very first version of EL validator.
But you can change it in preferences.
It's not related to performance problems. By default we try to resolve
EL anyway unless you switch EL validation off at all.
We use that as default because we still dont' recognize all the valid
ELs. For example we still don't recognize facelet parameters, annotated
managed beans, etc.