[jbosstools-dev] M5 - codefreeze/branching end of today

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Dec 2 04:22:22 EST 2011

Hi Team,

After yesterdays review of jira and outstanding issues we know that M5 is going to be a tough release to get out.

To have any chance for QE and ourselves to keep sanity we will be code freezing and branching later today.
More exactly end-of-day US time where Nick B. will do the planned branch so we can get this branch stabilized ASAP.

We could continue to work on trunk to fix the remaining loose ends but history have shown that makes it impossible
to actually get something out that works on time.

This does means we all need to have two branches checked out and do due diligence to actually keep them both updated
where/when needed.

Some cases it is best to wait to merge, but in general do not wait until *after* M5 is released to push things down to trunk since
then it most likely will take even longer to merge down - and with the holidays coming we can't afford having 2 weeks old patches waiting.

Thanks,