[jbosstools-dev] JBoss Tools 3.3.0.M5 bits available for QE testing

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 11:16:11 EST 2011

> Hi Martin,
>
> removing internal mailing lists :)
>
>> Nick, what is the webtools update site? Is there any use for it? We've been wondering where it came from  - I don't remember any discussion about it but I may have missed it.
>
> Yes, I asked the same question when I saw it.
> This site is what gets registered inside Eclipse WTP to be looked at via the "New Server" wizard where you can download additional servers. That makes it easy to install JBoss Server support without finding us in marketplace and our own update site.
> Thus that test for this is just to download Eclipse JEE, click New Server and  click "Download additional server adapters", check our site is in there and the installation works and you can create/use our server adapters after the install.

Correct. It's a subset of JBT - specifically, it's
org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.feature and all its contained/required
children. You can see this on the site's page:
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/JBossTools-3.3.0.M5.webtools/

> Rob and Nick should be able to tell more about what this contains besides just a plain copy of what is published to 3.3.0.M5 ?
> Nick - any resin why the .webtools is not simply aggregated into / ?

Well, it could be but it's a duplicate of content already in .core, so
there'd be no point.