[jbosstools-dev] Git - worth it or not ?

Dmitry Geraskov dgeraskov at exadel.com
Tue Feb 15 04:30:22 EST 2011

14/02/2011 23:13, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>> My main contras for Git:
>> 	• It is poorly integrated with Windows and Eclipse.
> For Windows - is that really still the case ?
> Last I tried it seemed to work fine ?
> I used this http://help.github.com/win-git-installation/
>
> You had any specific bad experiences ?
>
> About Eclipse, egit seem to be doing well ?
> note, since git is darn fast I rarely eclipse tooling worth bothering with it...but again
> I'll need to try on some more real examples to tell (hence my attempt on getting a real git repo to work with)

Egit doesn't support some specific functions.  I looked through
http://wiki.eclipse.org/EGit/User_Guide and what I've found:

    * Ad-hoc selection of the upstream branch to pull from
    * Deletion of tags is currently not supported in EGit
    * Signed tags
    * EGit 0.9 does not yet support authentication via HTTP or HTTPS
      protocol.

I don't think they are significan't.