[jbosstools-dev] Update on svn-git mirroring

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Wed Feb 16 03:06:22 EST 2011

Hi,

So with help and moral support from nickboldt and lightguardjp on irc (http://people.redhat.com/~manderse/irc.freenode.org/meetings/jbosstools/2011/jbosstools.2011-02-15-15.24.html)
I think I got all the steps down i need for the svn/git mirror on github.

1) We need to get an authors file to have the svn usernames matched to github id's.

2) When #1 is ready I'll run "git svn clone -s -r13898:HEAD --authors-file=~/jbosstoolsauthors.txt file:///home/svnsync/repos/jbosstools-mirror jbosstools-r13989"

3) After that I'll do a git push -all to github and you'll be able to fork/checkout from github and use git dcommit to commit back to svn.

4) ??

5) Profit!

#1I already have a authors file with username->jboss.org name/mail and can do the import with this but I would prefer we get properly honored for our individual contributions)
#2 r13898 is the branchpoint for jbosstools-3.0.x (JBDS 1); the jbosstoolsauthors.txt is what we need from #1; and the svnsync location is where I got a local svnmirror of jbosstools running.
#3 this last step might require an intermediate git clone to strip out svn metadata but that's easy compared to try out once #1/#2 is done.

So in short - please update your jboss.org user account ASAP :)