[jbosstools-dev] RFE: JDT module or put in common ?

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Thu Jul 21 18:51:54 EDT 2011

On 07/21/2011 12:32 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

>> Any reason you'd want to build this stuff SEPARATELY from the common stuff?
> Its not so much about build, but its about installation - thus separate features at least.

OK, so it could be part of "common" rather than needing a new module
(and three new jobs).

> And that we don't ever want it to depend on common as long as common == xmodel which aren't necessary
> for large part of our other dependencies.

But it could still be built as part of the "common" module, even if it's
all new feature(s).

>> Will stuff depend on this (like the way common is an upstream for many
>> components)?
> Right now - no.. future ? maybe.

Given things already depend on common, this to me says it could be in
common and things could just depend on (common+this).

>> Does it depend on anything upstream from common?
> It only depends on eclipse JDT stuff as it stands now.

Common only depends on tests module atm. So both pieces (JDT new stuff &
existing common stuff) have minimal upstream deps within JBT.

I'd say regardless of the feature/plugin namespace you select (eg.,
o.j.t.jdt, as Denis +1'd), I can't see any compelling reason to create a
new module for this.

Therefore, let's put it in the common module. So say we all?