[jbosstools-dev] Xulrunner/VPE versioning fun

Yahor Radtsevich yradtsevich at exadel.com
Thu Jul 28 07:30:00 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 2:08 PM, Max Rydahl Andersen <
max.andersen at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The xulrunner have some weird versioning I would like to get cleaned up or
> at least documented why it is so:
>
> The bundle manifests uses three different versions:
>
> Bundle-Version: 1.9.2.16

this is original XR binaries

> Bundle-Version: 1.9.2.16b

this is slightly changed original binaries for Windows and Linux x86. I have
added 'b' while modifying these plugins.

> Bundle-Version: 1.9.2.19pre

this is binaries from XR nightly builds for Linux x86_64, it works the best
on Linux x86_64

> The feature uses a "merged" version in 2 different shapes:
>
> /features/org.mozilla.xpcom.feature/feature.xml:
>  version="1.9.216.qualifier"
> ./features/org.mozilla.xulrunner.feature/feature.xml:
>  version="1.9.218.qualifier"

218 should be just a typo. Probably we it would be better if we leave
1.9.2.qualifier

> Questions for Yahor/Denis:
>
> 1) Does these ever change ? if yes then they should have .qualifiers in the
> manifest

Yes, Denis and I are trying to keep it updated.

> 2) Any reason why a mix of .16/.16b/.19pre and 216/218 ?

Yes, see above. Different OSs need different XR versions. I will add
comments to poms.

> /max
> http://about.me/maxandersen

--Yahor