[jbosstools-dev] Automatic setting of validators

Fred Bricon fbricon at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 19:33:37 EDT 2011

Hi guys,

I would like to automatically exclude the target folder from all the
validators in Eclipse.
Basically, I would do something like (I'm making the method names up):

for (Validator v : getAllValidators()) {
     if (v.isCustomizable() && !hasMavenExcludeGroup(v)) {
        addMavenExcludeGroup(v)
     }
}

a Maven Exclude Group would have 2 rules : nature=Maven, Folder=target

Does it make sense? Anyone has any pointers on how to do that?
Also, what would be the best way to apply such thing? On plugin start?
Clicking on a button in the Maven preferences? both?

Thx in avance,

Fred Bricon