[jbosstools-dev] internal non-supported Hibernate libraries being exposed to users ...is...bad!

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Thu Jun 23 13:54:42 EDT 2011

Hi Dima/all,

I just noticed https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-6098 while reading through updated N&N

That issue exposes hibernate tools libraries to users projects and that must *not* happen.

Not sure why that got implemented and committed and i've asked it to be removed in https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-9238
assuming this really works as described/shown.

Getting libraries should *not* happen by exposing internal jars which doesn't have latest fixes, aren't supported
and for sure isn't intended for anything but internal details of our plugins.

I'll work with Dima to figure out what happened but just wanted to raise awareness that adding jars to our
users project should not be done lighthearted and it for sure shouldn't just be internal jars that are incomplete.

Another related antipattern is http://relation.to/Bloggers/NavelgazingClasspathContainersAnEclipseAntiPattern

Much better solution is to use maven repositories to provide user with libraries!

Thanks for reading,