[jbosstools-dev] Focusing on JBDS 4.1/JBoss Tools 3.2.1 and the upcoming CR1 freeze 20-May-2011

Brian Fitzpatrick bfitzpat at redhat.com
Tue May 10 16:32:44 EDT 2011

Hi all...

Sorry for any confusion around the M1 milestone builds for JBDS 4.1/JBoss Tools 3.2.1. We seem to be back on track for the moment as we chug towards the next milestone, CR1 - which happens on 20-MAY-2011. Yes, that date is soon folks. We're on the 10th, that means we have 10 days to get a ton of work done.

Unfortunately, we've not made as much progress whittling down the bug lists as I would have liked.

==JBDS 4.1/JBoss Tools 3.2.1 Bug Status==

In the JBIDE bugs, we have 53 in this list: https://issues.jboss.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&reset=true&pid=10020&fixfor=12316347&fixfor=12316346&fixfor=12315712&resolution=-1&query=&summary=true&description=true

Those 53 include 4 blockers, 7 critical bugs, 32 major bugs, and 10 minor bugs.

For the JBDS bugs, we're down to 10: https://issues.jboss.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&reset=true&pid=12310500&fixfor=12316345&fixfor=12316344&fixfor=12315990&resolution=-1&query=&summary=true&description=true

That list includes 1 critical, 8 majors, and a minor.

There's no way we're going to knock off 63 bugs in less than two weeks. But at a minimum, we need to knock off the blockers and criticals before CR1 goes out the door.

**Beyond that, it seems it's time for another triage pass to see which Majors really need to make it into this release. Any Major that is going to make it into CR1 needs to be bumped to Critical. Anything that's Major or Minor will then be pushed off to the JBoss Tools 3.3/JBDS 5 release after CR1 goes out the door.

Obviously the bugs aren't squashing themselves. :(

Koen, I know jBPM 3 maintenance is a low priority, but eleven bugs

==No Target Milestone lists for JBDS & JBoss Tools==

On another note that's not JBDS 4.1-specific, we also are gathering a huge number of bugs with no target milestone in the JBIDE and JBDS lists.

JBIDE has 81 bugs with no target milestone: https://issues.jboss.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12313415

And JBDS has 54 bugs with no target milestone: https://issues.jboss.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?mode=hide&requestId=12314132

**Can we make a pass through these and distribute them? Any that we need to know about for JBDS 4.1/JBT 3.2.1 should be targeted for the correct milestones...

Thanks folks for any and all help with this release! The quicker we can get JBDS 4.1 done the more time we'll have for JBDS 5. :)

--Fitz