[jbosstools-dev] Question of the day: How to find out which version of a plugin we have in target platform

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue May 31 04:25:52 EDT 2011

In context of XXX Rob was asking what version of WTP we are using.

That is best found by looking in the build/target-platform/*.target files (they list the exact feature versions we extract)
or the less precise but kinda close list of requirement folders listed in http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/helios/compositeArtifacts.xml

But that doesn't actually help when you want to check what version of org.eclipse.jst.common.frameworks
will end up in the distro since this plugin is not listed in any feature as far as Rob and I can see.

So, beyond just *hoping* the right plugin gets into the build what is the better/best way of checking this (beyond
downloading additional 4-600 MB of builds to see what is in the resulting binary) ?