[jbosstools-dev] Better place for JBoss Tools mylyn connections.

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Nov 7 05:28:31 EST 2011

> I created a new plug-in to provide mylyn connections for issues.jboss.org and bugzila.redhat.com
> See details in jira - https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-9351
> It's placed in common/plugins/org.jboss.tools.common.mylyn
> We set two repositories in this plug-in. Firs one is Bugzilla and second one is JIRA.
> The problem is that Bugzilla connector comes from Eclipse Mylyn plugins but JIRA connector comes from Atlassian update-site.
> So we have to have Atlassian plugins installed to get JBoss JIRA repository working.

hmm - I thought/hoped the setup would not have a hard coupling to atlassian plugin - but just optional dependency.

> So there are two questions. What module/feature is better for our mylyn plug-in? Denis' suggestion is to move this plugin to central.
> What do you think?

My first thought was no since initially that would just solve the mylyn dependency issue, but then I rethought and it actually kinda make sense
that central is the one setting up the jboss.org/fedora/redhat issue systems.

But this doesn't solve the problem of requiring atlassian plugin to be installed.

Can we do one of the following:

A) make the atlassian installation optional - so I don't have to get mylyn tasks + jira plugins just to use central.

B) make it a separate feature …which then unfortunately would need to be installed separately :(