[jbosstools-dev] Target Platform Updates :: It's Time To Test Indigo SR2!

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Nov 30 14:53:55 EST 2011

With Xmas just around the corner, holiday shutdowns coming, and Indigo
SR2 being released February 24 2012 [1], the runway to get fixes into
Eclipse, WTP, DTP, BIRT, RSE, Mylyn, etc. is increasingly short.

[1] http://wiki.eclipse.org/Indigo/Simultaneous_Release_Plan#SR2

Based on their RC schedule, and how hard it is to get fixes done during
the RC cycle, I would say the hard deadline for ANYTHING to be fixed in
Eclipse.org upstream bits is *January 13*, which means you need to get
bugs filed, if necessary, at least a week or two before that.

To that end, I'd like to have people start testing their builds locally
w/ the latest Eclipse Indigo [2] bits.

[2] http://download.eclipse.org/releases/maintenance/

In the next few days, I'll put together a new composite requirements
site [3] and TP [4] using these updated versions so it'll be easier to
test w/o being restricted by Eclipse.org mirrors.

[3] http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/indigo/SR1/,
http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/indigo/extras/SR1a/

[4] http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/target-platform_3.3.indigo/

---

As a reminder, should you feel you need something added to (or updated
in) the TP or reqs composite sites to facilitate building, running,
installing, or testing any part of JBoss Tools (or Developer Studio),
PLEASE ASK FIRST via direct email, mailing list, or JIRA.

We recently found a new requirement on a JDT patch feature, which I
erroneously added to the TP assuming that it should have been there. I
tend to assume any new requirements are added intentionally, but we need
to ensure we're properly communicating so that accidental dependencies
aren't added and cause build issues.

---

For reference, here are the latest updates to the TP over the last
month, based on svn log data:

11/28: remove org.eclipse.objectteams.otdt.core.patch
11/25: add org.eclipse.objectteams.otdt.core.patch
11/23: BPEL updated from 0.5 to 0.8
11/07: Mylyn/JIRA added (JBIDE-9351, JBIDE-10094)
10/27: Mylyn
10/26: Mylyn eGit connector (JBDS-1904)
10/25: apache.commons.io 2.0.1 added