[jbosstools-dev] Fwd: Hibernate multi-version support

Dmitry Geraskov dgeraskov at exadel.com
Wed Nov 30 15:23:54 EST 2011

Hey, Jiri, QA team,

I have committed the hibernate multi-version support into trunk. What
are the main areas/things which should be tested in new build:
1. You need to use 3 hibernate versions: 3.5, 3.6, 4.0. Versions 3.6 and
4.0 are the most important
2. Would be nice if you try both xml and annotations mapping.
3. It is necessary to check HQL and Criteria query executions work well
(see HQL/Criteria editor)
4. HQL/Criteria code completion works in the editors
5. Note, there are 2 versions of ConsoleConfiguration now: 3.5 and 4.0.
To set correct version double click on the existing ConsoleConfiguration
and use appropriate combobox. Hibernate 3.6 should work with the 3.5
version.

There are 2 known issues now:
1) Can't select ConsoleConfiguration version for new ConsoleConfiguration
2) Hibernate versions probably should be renamed to 3.x, 4.x

Thanks,
Dmitry Geraskov