[jbosstools-dev] JBossTools (trunk): added src folder to fix source gathering related errors

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Oct 21 05:41:54 EDT 2011

> I'm not sure but I believe Tycho may filter the output directory.  And, given the way Eclipse build.properties work, you probably need to add bin/forge and bin/forge.bat to the list of includes, which means they will be in the bin dir in the resulting archive.

Yes if they need to get in then yes.

> Theoretically, you should not need to include .classpath or .project or .settings as m2eclipse w/tycho should take care of configuring the project correctly.

We deliberately do not do this because m2eclipse + PDE on 300+ plugins still fails rather hard.

> If you want to get fancy, you could also configure a dependency:copy execution to pull in the relevant jars (e.g. jboss-modules.jar) and place them in the correct locations.  This would save having jars checked into svn (drawback is that you have to run process-(re)sources, to copy down the jars, before the project will configure correctly).  It would also allow you to more easily update the jars used (at the cost of potentially pulling down an unstable snapshot, if that's what you're using).  If you'd like an example, you can look at the org.switchyard.tools.core plugin in the switchyard tools git repo (https://github.com/jboss-switchyard/tools/tree/master/eclipse/plugins/org.switchyard.tools.core).

Yes - this use case its relevant and I would like to do it more for the jars that makes it possible but I don't believe there is a forge distribution in mvn that we can use for this ?

And yes - if any plugins do this they should *not* depend on snapshots - at least not for milestone/release builds.

/max