[jbosstools-dev] Multiple web

Alexey Kazakov akazakov at exadel.com
Tue Sep 20 18:35:23 EDT 2011

Hi guys!

We keep bumping into issues with multiple web root folders for mavenized
projects.
The resent ones are found by Max in VPE.
There are a few places where we have to handle multiple web roots: code
completion, validation, openOns, VPE, ...
In most cases it's enough just to look at all the roots but in some
cases we should avoid looking at target folder. For instance it's better
not to use "target" folder in validation.
So far we have to hardcode "target" name and don't use it when it's
critical. But of course it's not a perfect solution.
No we have a utility method
org.jboss.tools.jst.web.WebUtils.getWebRootFolders(IProject project,
boolean ignoreTarget) which we use to get all the relevant roots.
Fred, Rob, do we have any way to distinguish such a folder?