[jbosstools-dev] JBoss Maven Integration Facet?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Sep 23 05:50:23 EDT 2011

> I'm prototyping some basic tooling for SwitchYard and have pieced together a crude faceted project preset to allow SwitchYard projects to be deployed to AS using the existing WTP support.  The facets I'm using are:
> * Java
> * Utility Module

Sounds about right yes.

For the case of importing existing maven projects and have these things enabled Fred Bricon should be able to tell you what the m2e/wtp plugin needs to identify them.

> * JBoss Maven Integration
>
> My questions: Is the JBoss Maven facet required?  What purpose does it serve?  (Currently, SwtichYard projects are Maven projects, utilizing m2eclipse.)

JBoss Maven Integration is a feature we have had for a while but not really used much since JBoss AS & EAP artifacts wasn't readily available in maven repos.

The intent of the jboss maven integration is to allow you to create faceted projects and then use Maven as the Library provider. There are code in jboss tools which
will look at the given facet and then add a list of dependencies into the pom.  This is actually something that should be in m2eclipse but the m2e team prefer everything
is done maven first.

Snjezana should be able to point you to this. This is one of the areas where we might need to change things so it accommodate how switchyard needs/wants things.