[jbosstools-dev] JBoss Maven Integration Facet?

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Sep 23 07:00:58 EDT 2011

>>> Sounds about right yes.
>>>
>>> For the case of importing existing maven projects and have these
>>> things enabled Fred Bricon should be able to tell you what the
>>> m2e/wtp plugin needs to identify them.
>> Indeed, to be deployed by WTP as a simple jar (in a war or ear), most
>> projects need the Utility facet (and the Java one).
>> However, if your projects need a special treatment for packaging (ex.
>> sar projects can embed other libs) or need to be deployed standalone
>> (not in ear nor war)
>>
>> Then one should :
>> - create a dedicated facet
>> - modify the server adapters to allow standalone deployment of these
>> new modules (that's what Rob did for the new SAR support)
>>
>> Of course creating a dedicated facet can also be useful just in terms
>> of tooling support (if you plan to create project wizards, eclipse
>> builders …)

Yes, a Facet will be good for the most smooth integration - it should just be marked as compatible with War and Jar packaging then.

>> Anyway, as long as you use plain old jar
> ... using the Utility facet should be enough.

Yes, I hope SwitchYard can just survive with that since it also means it gets possible to bundle it in a war, ear etc. "for free"

if switchyard needs its own packaging things gets very much tied down.