[jbosstools-dev] We need your help to make you happy with the build

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Wed Apr 4 10:17:28 EDT 2012

Hi all,

As part of Tycho comes the ability to run build locally without
difficulty. It is now possible to do that for those who had a look at
the parent/pom.xml content and/or read Nick's documentation on this topic.
But we are concerned in making you testing more and more locally (and to
reduce the number of questions such "how do I build" on this
mailing-list). To do so, looks like we have to provide you the necessary
default profiles so that you could run a "mvn install" that would work
for you 95% of times.

So please provide your feedback on
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-11404 . The main question is: In
your daily work, what would you Tycho to use to resolve your
dependencies? A local repository? Local builds? The Snapshot repository?
The release repository?...

Your comments are more than welcome, they are necessary if you want to
make your own work-life easier ;)
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>