[jbosstools-dev] Changes to JBoss Tools' parent pom affecting all JBT/JBDS Core & SOA Tooling builds -- please read!

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Apr 23 07:42:05 EDT 2012

Good change - makes it much easier to see which modules are actually kept uptodate.

What actually happens if you build everything from root and multiple parents are used ? how does maven resolve that some is using 3.3.0* and others 0.0.4-?

> For more concrete stuff, here is what you should read in your root pom.xml
>
> <parent>
>         <groupId>org.jboss.tools</groupId>
>         <artifactId>parent</artifactId>
>         <version>3.3.0.Beta3-SNAPSHOT</version>
>         <relativePath>../build/parent/pom.xml</relativePath>
> </parent>
>
> This will poll the parent from JBoss Nexus. We publish the parent to Nexus in a CI job. You should also include this to ensure your build can find it:

Which areas was this changed for ? Just the build setup or did you change the modules ?

for the repositories setup: Just put this in settings.xml like needed for many other jboss.org projects: https://community.jboss.org/wiki/MavenGettingStarted-Developers