[jbosstools-dev] [Soa-tools-list] Branching for SOA tools Beta1

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Thu Apr 26 13:10:20 EDT 2012

After much discussion today the decision was (I believe) made to branch
SOA stuff independently from the Core stuff so that there won't be any
parent pom collisions & qualifiers will be updated correctly.

Thus, expect to see new branches here [1] and here [2] for the SOA
Tooling Beta1 branch:

[1] https://svn.jboss.org/repos/jbosstools/branches/
[2] https://svn.jboss.org/repos/devstudio/branches/

For components who rely on the upstream JBT parent pom (jbpm3, bpel,
esb, modeshape, etc.), please ensure that the version you're using in
your root pom.xml is the correct one from this new branch (eg.,
"3.3.0.Beta1-SOA-SNAPSHOT", and that your job correctly defines the
right upstream bits (eg., _stable_branch jobs or 3.3.indigo sites
instead of trunk).

Doug, when do you plan to perform the two branching operations, fix the
_stable_branch jobs, commit the changes to root poms (as needed, if
component leads fail to do so) and announce the associated code freeze?

Cheers,

Nick