[jbosstools-dev] change to have build_alias in front

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Fri Aug 24 01:16:59 EDT 2012

>> There's also the option of adopting Eclipse's Itimestamp (integration build) or Mtimestamp (maintenance build) and vtimestamp (release build) convention. This is how projects like Mylyn, for example, handle weekly builds (I lead up to a .0 release, M lead up to .1 and .2 releases) vs. their final/GA release builds, since I and M are always "older" ASCII-wise than v, and M is always "newer" than I so a maintenance build will trump a pre-GA build.
> hmm - thats a variation of the eclipse conventions I don't know - never seen M refer as maintenance, always been milestone afaik.
> Any docs on this on eclipse.org ?

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/build_types.html
http://www.eclipse.org/modeling/downloads/build-types.php (scroll down
to Release Types)
http://wiki.eclipse.org/WTP/Build/WTP_Build_Types#Degree_of_stability

Also noteworthy, here's a doc that explains the process for git tagging,
releasing, and the required purge of I builds in favour of the
forthcoming release build (defined using
-DforceContextQualifier=v20110304-0100 to replace the default Itimestamp
convention):

http://wiki.eclipse.org/Mylyn/Release_Howto

HTH,

Nick