[jbosstools-dev] Theming in JBDS

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Tue Aug 28 04:40:46 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I made some work on adding a theme to JBDS, as described in
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-2250 This theme is also available
in JBT, although it's not activated by default. You'll need to go to
Window > Preference > General > Appearance to enable it. This is
currently a kind a pink/red one, and you can see it at work on the
attached screenshot, or by downloading and testing a recent build of JBDS.
Although I like those colors, I don't feel myself good at UI design to
force JBDS to keep this theme. But, it's a luck, because CSS in Eclipse
is very easy to customize and share, so if you're interested, you can
easily edit this theme locally ( Window > Preference > General >
Appearance ). If you don't feel easy with CSS, I recommand you to
install this plugin:
http://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/eclipse-4-chrome-theme . This
will help you to develop some themes just by picking colors. It's way
easier than writing CSS, I used this to create current one.
If you have any CSS you like, please share it on ticket JBDS-2250 and
attach a screenshot, we can go for a vote to choose which one we enable
by default in JBDS.
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>