[jbosstools-dev] JBoss Tools 4 / JBDS 6 :: M1 will now be called Alpha1

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 19:32:31 EDT 2012

In order to:

a) adhere to the official jboss.org rules for versioning [1] and

b) to avoid causing anyone who's installed an early milestone (eg.,
4.0.0.M2) to have to first UNINSTALL before being able to update to our
4.0.0.Beta1 release Eclipse,

we've renamed the first milestone, M1, to Alpha1.

This allows us to move through the OSGi ASCII sequence Alpha, Beta, CR,
Final, and GA, with each more stable milestone able to act as an update
for the previous.

* JIRA targets in JBIDE and JBDS have been renamed. Your issues will
move automatically to the new version targets. Please update your queries.

* JBoss Tools' parent pom is now 4.0.0.Alpha1 instead of 4.0.0.M1. I've
updated all the components' root poms in both JBT and JBDS SVN trees to
use the newly versioned parent pom, and published the new pom to nexus.

See also JBDS-1987 and JBDS-2251.

[1] https://community.jboss.org/wiki/JBossProjectVersioning