[jbosstools-dev] Detecting a jboss 7.1 server startup

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Fri Aug 31 07:40:55 EDT 2012

>>> Looking at it again this morning, this may be the case. I think that I
>>> am blocking the UI thread when the jboss worker threads need to display
>>> the dialog for accessing the eclipse secure storage. Think I need to
>>> move my content provider updates off the UI thread then update the tree
>>> when the call is complete.
>>
>> well the threadstack you showed seemed to be inside the client - but yeah, that Future referenced in there
>> could for sure be blocking on ui thread.
>>
>> And yes, for sure do not do these operations in the main ui thread - that will cause all kind of havoc.
>
> Indeed. Have found ServerContentTreeProvider in
> org.jboss.ide.eclipse.as.ui so will follow that pattern I think.

sounds about right, Rob Stryker (rawblem on #jbosstools irc is the person to provide the definite answer on this)

>>> Mostly, they are 7.7.1
>>
>> That's Teiid Designer version, not JBoss Tools version.
>>

> Sorry that should have been 7.1.1 in that is the jboss-as jars Designer
> is currently depending on.

eh - you aren't using the org.jboss.tools.as.* plugins ? (they are at version 2.4.0-SNAPSHOT in trunk right now)

> But you've got the idea. Essentially, we are
> upgrading Designer to teiid 8.1 so its whatever they currently depend on.

But thats why i'm asking - what version of JBoss Tools (not AS itself) are they depending on or planning to depend on ...

>>> but some of the ide.eclipse plugins I have
>>> brought into my workspace from svn trunk.
>>
>> Okey, so this is JBoss Tools 4 - targeting Juno, JBDS 6.
>>

> Definitely Juno, still learning the other version numbers ;-)

okey ;)