[jbosstools-dev] Plan to remove installation-tests from the jbosstools-base repo

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Wed Dec 5 06:54:11 EST 2012

On 11/23/2012 03:30 PM, Mickael Istria wrote:
> As tracked in https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-12905 , we are
> trying to move installation tests out of jbosstools-base/tests since
> it is something that comes on top of JBT/JBDS, and which is not part
> of the base. We decided it would make its own git repo, since it's not
> exactly integration tests neither, and also because we can anticipate
> the fact that some other "Stacks" (SOA, Fuse...) would like to use it
> to test their update-sites.
> So the repo is here:
> https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-install-grinder . Most stuff
> was updated to work well with this change.
>
> We're just waiting for some QA jobs will be adapted. Pavol is leading
> this stuff for QA side. When he migrates to the new repo/job/URLs and
> everything is working well, we'll remove this stuff from jbosstools-base.
> The plan is to do it ASAP, but we are not in a hurry for that. So if
> Pavol has some more important tasks to do, we'll wait after GA.

Here is a pull request to complete move of installation tests to their
own repo by cleaning the jbosstools-base repo:
https://github.com/jbosstools/jbosstools-base/pull/22
This is for master.

Can someone review it and then merge it if everything is fine?
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>