[jbosstools-dev] Extending the AS Server View

Rob Cernich rcernich at redhat.com
Thu Feb 2 16:25:11 EST 2012

Hey Max,

> Yup - and still they broke that by accident during development - and
> what happens with as8 ?
>
> I might just be too burned in the past.
>
> Can't our API just be the actual string ? then you can use a specific
> dmr to generate the string and we use it to "encode" it again ?
>
> just a thought.

Possibly, although the service interface is named IJBossAS7ManagerService, which is provided by managment.core and implemented in management.as71.

That said, you're probably right, but now you've got a dependency on some sort of formatted string.  Presumably, this would be JSON, so the next question becomes: are there any utilities for constructing JSON in JBT?

> >> Note, this kind of stuff is important we get in - but we should be
> >> sure anything that you guys become dependent on is properly
> >> separated out as public
> >> API since I don't consider what we have now a stable public api.
> >
> > At this point, I think that would simply be the management service
> > and possibly any node types provided by the navigator extension
> > (e.g. SubsystemNode).  If the content extension doesn't make it
> > in, I don't think that's a problem at all (why I thought it should
> > be separated out into a separate plugin).
>
> I believe the content extension is already there - thats how the file
> and xpath stuff is added. Rob Stryker ? speak up ;)

OK.  I'll wedge it into the existing plugin.

Thanks again,
Rob