[jbosstools-dev] Using Jacoco coverage report as Usage report

Mickael Istria mistria at redhat.com
Fri Feb 17 05:04:21 EST 2012

Hi all,

Since generating Jacoco coverage files is as easy as setting up a
-java.agent JVM arg, and does not affect performance, we could think
about using Jacoco in daily usage of JBoss Tools/Dev Studio to get some
"technical" usage reports.
By gathering a sufficient amount of coverage report files from enough
different users, we'll clearly see which pieces of code are not used,
and which ones are the most used.

See https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBDS-2017 to debate this idea.
And for our internal development usage and improved quality:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-10537
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by RedHat <http://www.jboss.org/tools>