[jbosstools-dev] REST Client Library for Eclipse

André Dietisheim adietish at redhat.com
Thu Feb 23 10:52:34 EST 2012

On 02/23/2012 04:43 PM, Rob Cernich wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I was just wondering if anybody required a REST client in any of their plugins and, if so, what are you using?
>
> I was looking at the ECF REST client, but would rather use something common to other JBT plugins.

I know the ECF REST client fairly well since I hacked parts on it in the
initial version. To me this client is strongly focused on the ECF API
which is not the sincest you could imagine and it does not really help
in terms of communicating in a RESTful way. It's more or less a
HTTPClient that was adapted to conform to the REST API.
To me restfulie ( http://restfulie.caelum.com.br/) java client lib was
looking very nice. JAX-RS also has a client API which looks pretty nice
and there's another one in Restlet (
http://wiki.restlet.org/docs_2.0/13-restlet/21-restlet/318-restlet/320-restlet/version/4)

Cheers
André

ps. in OpenShift java client we simply used HttpUrlConnection (to have a
minimum set of dependencies)...