[jbosstools-dev] Adding SwitchYard Tooling to JBT Update Site

Nick Boldt nboldt at redhat.com
Tue Jan 10 12:26:00 EST 2012

Actually, last I heard Doug palmer and Nick Cross were NOT being
assigned to JBDS SOA Tooling, but rather the torch is being passed to
Julian Coleman. Same office (Newcastle), same reports-to chain, but a
different guy.

Seems no one over there wants this hot potato. :)

--

That said, Max is correct. Here's the process:

0) Open JBIDE JIRA to track work

1) build SwitchYard w/ Tycho/Maven3 in JBossQA Jenkins cluster

2) publish new SwitchYard update site to download.jboss.org. Test site
by installing into Eclipse 3.7.1 (or JBDS 5.0.0.x?)

3) update staging site composite metadata to include new site

4) update JBT (and JBDS?) SOA Tooling sites' site.xml files to include
new features

5) respin JBT (and JBDS SOA) Tooling jobs in Jenkins

6) review output as published to download.jboss (and www.qa?) servers;
ie., look at sites' index pages and attempt installation into Eclipse
3.7.1+ (or JBDS 5.0.0.x)