[jbosstools-dev] Eclipse target platform features

Lucia Jelinkova ljelinko at redhat.com
Thu Jan 12 11:30:04 EST 2012

Hi all,

I am trying to run my SWTBot tests using Maven and Tycho. The problem is, that besides feature under test (in my case it is org.jboss.tools.portlet.feature.feature.group) I need to reference also other Eclipse related features:

 org.eclipse.jst.enterprise_ui.feature.feature.group
 org.eclipse.jst.web_core.feature.feature.group
 org.eclipse.datatools.enablement.hsqldb.feature.feature.group

I also need to specify some plugins where I've not found corresponding feature:

 org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.web.core
 org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.web.support.jsp
 org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.web.ui

I'd like to get rid of these dependencies by referencing only one or two features - the one of Eclipse itself (so that I can run the tests against the full Eclipse installation). I've found in my 'Eclipse Java EE IDE for Web Developers' the following features:

 org.eclipse.platform.ide (The basic Eclipse platform)
 org.eclipse.epp.package.jee.feature.feature.group (The JEE part)

However, on our target platform URL (http://download.jboss.org/jbosstools/updates/target-platform_3.3.indigo.SR1-M/latest/) I can find just the first one (although also some JEE features are there). Am I just missing it? Would it be possible to change the target platform to include both of them?

Also, would it be possible to create similar site with JBDS installation so that we can test against the full product?

Thank you for the answer.

Lucia