[jbosstools-dev] JBoss Nexus Repository Indexer

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Mon Jan 16 07:35:19 EST 2012

> I have been working on https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBIDE-9309.
> The Source Lookup plugin uses the Nexus indexer to find a source file for a maven artifact.
> The problem happens when I try to debug JBoss AS 7.1 CR1 (or CR1b).
> JBoss AS 7.1.CR1 contains the jbossjts-4.16.0.Final.jar module (the org.jboss.jbossts:jbossjts:4.16.0.Final maven artifact). This artifact exists in the JBoss Maven repository (https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public-jboss), but the Nexus indexer includes this artifact up to version 4.16.0.Beta1. See the attached screenshot.
> There are several jars that aren't included in the indexer. It is possible that m2e doesn't read the indexer properly.
>
> How frequently does this indexer refresh?

Are you asking how often jboss.org refresh their index or how often m2e refresh their index?

I assume your are asking about jboss.org's ?

Thus i've cc'ed in Paul Gier which should know the answer to this.

Paul - how often do we run the jboss repo indexer?

It's used by tools to lookup artifacts thus when they aren't present then things aren't found…