[jbosstools-dev] JBoss Nexus Repository Indexer (org.picketbox:picketbox:4.0.6-Beta2)

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at redhat.com
Tue Jan 31 04:19:53 EST 2012

>>> We don't know GAV and have to search for it using  the SHA1 query.
>>>

>> because picket link jar doesn't include the maven info in META-INF content ?
>>

> Right. However, there are archives that don't include the maven info in
> META-INF content, but can be solved using the SHA1 query.

sure, but thus these jars should be considered broken/unsupported.
It's just luck if we find them.

>> This isn't really critical for us to support if they don't - it's nice, but not critical.
>>
>> Should open bug against picket link if this is the case.
>
> I don't know against what to file a bug.

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/PLINK is picket link jira.

If the metadata is missing they must have deliberately removed this from their build.

when you open a bug add me to watch or simply paste the link here.

>>> The SHA1 query works correctly for all archives I have tried, but picketbox*.jar (I have also tested Tomcat 7.0.25 and Glassfish 3.1.1). I suppose that there is some problem with a Nexus indexer.
>>>

>> I would really like to know which jar's are missing info to not know the GAV's.
>>

> junit, osgi, jdom, activation ...
> However, we can find GAV for all of these archives using the SHA1 query.
> The org.osgi:org.osgi.core artifact doesn't have source in the JBoss
> Maven repository. The Sonatype Repository contains it.

Yes and when you use EAP there won't be any repo index available to lookup in so that won't work there either.

Thus its fine we got this SHA1 as a "backup" but I would say we should show a dialog saying we could not find
this based on raw metadata, and ask if user is ok looking through the various known nexus repositories.
(and provide a "Remember my choice" option)

That way we exposed and get to know which artifacts has issues and can report them accordingly.

/max